Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Ho Happy Ho, Happy Ho Ho Ho

Yes indeed, I do like Christmas. I love it that people pretend to be nice. Then again, I appreciate the ones who have an attack of honesty. They don’t bother, even if I’m related to them. So what? It’s all good. It’s Christmas.

It wasn’t always this way. There was a time when I hated the whole month, and after that, a time when it was only sad. All this too has passed, and now I can bake (the cookies have been made and given away) and cook, and enjoy the people and dogs I love best.

Where are you in this cycle? Do you love, hate or ignore the holiday? Economic reality is daunting, but remember this: ultimately what matters this time of year is what has always mattered the most. Don’t be cynical. It’s people -- and dogs, for those of us who have them.

Just appreciate the people around you. That’s the best you can do, and there’s nothing better in the world. I appreciate each and every one of you.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

siscrooge said...

bah hannuka-bug. an xmas post but no hannuka post? feh.

count me in the 'not bothering to be nice even though related to you' category. oh wait. you already did.

and it's not just about the people and dogs. it's about the annual feastivus you make for the rest of the packuvus, lucky us.