Friday, November 24, 2017

Sing, Sing

Why do people sing along to background music in public? That's rhetorical, of course. Auntie has a theory.

I think they do it to show how "cool" they are because they know all the words to the song. I think we're all supposed to be impressed by their musical acumen.

I also think that they think they sound as good as the professionally recorded singer and we should appreciate their amateur artistry, which is always amateur and never artistic.

So when we went out for coffee this morning to celebrate the Day After Thanksgiving and both of the people at the next table started singing along to the background music, your cranky old Auntie gave them the classic angry old lady glare.

For all the good it did.

I'm loath to label them hipsters, but the stereotype fits. All the smugness, the apparent entitlement, everything the rest of us think of when we hear the word "hipster" was visible as well as audible.

It probably would have been funny if I'd actually been able to finish my first cup before the serenade.

Did I say "probably"? I should have said "maybe".

Luckily it was a fairly short song.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Excellent post.Thanks
clipping path service

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Clipping Path said...

Very Nice Blog And Thanks for Posting And Sharing With Us