Monday, February 18, 2013

Pauling Calling?

Our Loud Neighbors have reached a new benchmark. They’ve rigged their phone so that now, at my desk with the window open, I can hear their caller i.d.

Goody.

In case I didn’t mention it, of course they screen their calls.

About a minute ago, I swear I heard: “Call from Linus Pauling. Call from Linus Pauling. Call from Linus Pauling.”

At first I thought it was techno-garble. Why would a living iconic scientist and do-gooder be calling them, let alone a dead one?

Then I thought some more.

Upon consideration, I believe that Dr. Pauling has somehow managed to pierce the veil between the worlds just to contact the people next door.

They’re really unhealthy. They probably need vitamin C.

1 comment:

jan said...

witty, pithy and so much more. good one!