Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Digression From Nothing

Let’s try this again.

Don’t ask me “try what?” because I’m about to tell you. That was just my way of jumping into the middle of an idea to make all this seem more active and interesting.

Yes, yes, yes I know. It would have had to already be interesting in order for it to seem more interesting and when I only said “Let’s try this again” that wasn’t at all interesting so I’ve already obviated that second (ersatz expository) paragraph.

What was I saying? Oh. Right.

Absolutely nothing.

But I was about to apologize for the long post-less stretches of nothing.

The nothing keeps happening because enough of you have kindly contacted me about old posts to make me self-conscious about coming up with new ones.

Actually, the “new” part is the problem. I just found out that I’ve been on Twitter for exactly five years yesterday, which means that I’ve been doing this blog for five years plus a few days.

Let’s not speculate on how long it took me to start to repeat myself, ok? At least give me some points for trying not to.

So when I said “Let’s try this again” I was really thinking out loud after having read through the bits and pieces of formulaic drivel that are in this Word™ file.

Sure, there are a couple of clever things, but the humor is of a pattern an elephant would recognize if that elephant had read three or four of these posts.

While I’m not above repeating myself, and I’m really not above repeating myself har har, I don’t want to go to the well too often. I feel like I’ve been doing that lately.

Then again, this post right here breaks the pattern, even more so because I’m not trying to be funny. We’re having a conversation, you and I. Well, I’m having a conversation with you and until you send your half to the address above (AuntScarycookies@aol.com) or leave a comment in the comments section, then my half will have to suffice.

What a great word that is. “Suffice.” We should say it more often. But I digress.

Is it possible to digress from nothing? Well, I just did so never mind.

I’m going to go look for a new (ha! Let’s say new-ish) idea. Wish me luck.

In the meantime, behave yourself accordingly. And if you can't, feel free to Ask Auntie how.

No comments: