Saturday, December 27, 2014

This just happened! Yes, really.

Not ten minutes ago I was out front, using the garden hose & a plastic fork to clean dog shit out of the treads of my favorite Dansko™s (the brown brocade ones with the gold sparkles, Sis knows which ones I mean) when --- I swear to God & the patron saint of cute shoes & serendipity --- this happened:

There was an odd noise. It wasn’t loud, just a cross between a thrum and a buzz with a little humminess thrown in. I looked up.

A hummingbird with a metallic red head was hovering at my eye level close enough to touch. I didn’t move.

Involuntarily, I found myself thinking, “Oh. Hello.”

It was still there. We were both still there.

No, I didn’t say anything out loud. No, I didn’t “hear” magical voices or feel a sudden impulse to go out and save the world or anything else. It was just a hummingbird. It was beautiful, and it was hovering but otherwise immobile for longer than I’ve ever seen a hummingbird stay still, but that’s unusual not impossible. Magic still doesn’t exist.

Hang in there, sweetie. This is your Auntie Scarycookies. Trust me. Wait for it. ;)

Of course I eventually won the stare down and the little bird thrum-buzz-hummied off.

NOW here’s the thing: Magic may not exist, but superstition sure does. And who do you know who is more superstitious than your Auntie?

Ha. Your adolescent sarcasm notwithstanding, damn straight no one else.

I’m taking this as a powerfully positive good omen. Because we’re so close to New Year, I’m taking it to apply to all of 2015. And because the first thought I had was to come in here and tell all of you about it, I’m taking it to apply to you, too.

Yes, I knocked wood after each sentence in the preceding paragraph just in case.

So Happy New Year my darlings. I promise to try to blog more often than once a month, but if I don’t, come see me on Twitter and Quora. Big hug!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Im glad you believe
majic doesnt exist...
yet, here's the Seed of faith
to join this sinfull mortal:

Q: You gonna live forever?
A: Yes! depending on where: up or down;
Q: How long do our lifetimes last?
A: 1-outta-1 bites-the-dust, babe,
and if you dont yet know,
lemme show you how to wiseabove:

When our eternal soul leaves our body
and we riseabove to meet our Maker,
only four, last things remain:
death, judgement, Heaven or Hell
according to the deeds we mortals
have done in our finite existence.

Find-out what RCIA is and join.
Make Your Choice -SAW:
https://youtu.be/YnVuhY38V1A
Jesus sez...
I. love. you.

PS guess what, earthling? Im an NDE.
Google+: kold_kadavr_ flatliner