Saturday, May 23, 2009

To Be Continued

There are two partial posts drafted in this Word™ file. One is on practical jokes, the other is on death. I can’t find an ending to either. You decide if that’s ironic.

We’re dog-sitting til tomorrow, and I love these beasts to distraction, literally, which is why I can't seem to finish anything.

There’s one behind me on the floor, either meditating or snoozing, I’m not sure which. Bertha, the star of stage and screen (also literally) is an elegant lady to whom even Generalissimo Jonah defers. The other is the Big Dog. He’s simply gorgeous, a mountain of love who obeys tiny Jonah implicitly and follows him around, well, like a dog.

It’s a welcome surfeit of canine cuteness and I have a weakness for such things. I’ll try again to be clever after they’re gone.

2 comments:

Ixtlilton said...

around these pups, all I can think is "woodgie woodgie woodgie." So, I know what you mean.

jan said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

you guys are the most generous, huge hearted, kind, wonderful pack ever.

what good fortune for us and said pooches...