Monday, October 5, 2009

Thought For The Day

Let’s face it, knocking wood and looking at the Biggest Picture, things are easier than they used to be. We’re not fighting the elements or wild animals for food and shelter -- discounting anyone who tries to eat in my house without tithing Jonah.

For the most part we buy our food without either hunting or gathering, and didn’t build our own homes. So, barring the obvious; health, paying of bills and meeting of deadlines, my question is: what do we think about?

Of course we avoid that which makes us uncomfortable, at least we do when we can. How many times did you reschedule your last dentist appointment? I rest my case. I haven’t even thought about setting up mine.

Instead, I find myself meandering down a bunch of mental paths. Robert’s DVDs of “Lie to me” have me reading the works of Dr. Ekman, a behavioral psychologist whose work borders on cultural anthropology. My Twitter buddies have me deconstructing Absurdism and relating it to the commonplace. And “NCIS: L.A.” has me wondering how I ought to be restructuring my ab workout.

But right now I find myself wondering why I seem to be blowing all my good ideas in spurts of 140 characters instead of detailing them here, for you. Sorry about that. I’ll mine my twitterfeed for blog concepts next time.

1 comment:

jan said...

WHAT DO *WE* THINK ABOUT???? and u know i don't like to shout.

sorry not to have commented sooner. i was busy thinking about whatever it is i think about, presuming i do, which i suppose at this point cannot reasonably be presumed.