Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thanks!

Someone I valued, now deceased, once told me that you can tell a real friend by the fact that when you both meet, even after a long separation, the conversation just picks up and moves forward. He had no truck with long catch-up sessions, but he knew how to appreciate good company.

That’s how I think of all of you. You’re good company.

Sure, when I go to Vegas I synopsize my adventures, but that’s more for me than it is for you. Ask anyone who’s had to look at the photos. And like any other blogger, I use this forum for general catharsis as well as to vent. Special thanks to those who email me when I hit a shared peeve.

Mostly, times like right now, I sit down and feel like we’re having a conversation. I just can’t hear your half of it. For that I want to say: hey, thanks, buddy. Your time is much appreciated.

2 comments:

jan said...

sounds like Brooks? true that.

carole* said...

Yep and yep. ;)