Thursday, August 16, 2012

Age Before Something

I was going to take a nice bath, so I went to get some clean towels. On my way through the kitchen, I checked the dog’s bowls. They were fine. I tried to remember why I was in the kitchen and realized I had been on my way to get the mail.

Yes, I know. That's the point.

So I got the mail, dealt with it, then was about to take the bath. There were no towels. Of course I went to get some. On the way, I stopped to do something else. You know what? I don’t remember what that was, which is pretty funny in itself.

The punch line is it took four trips before I got the towels. I still haven’t bathed yet, I thought I’d write this first.

Four trips.

Count’em, four.

That has to be a personal best. Congratulate me.

Oh, go ahead and roll your eyes. I used to, when I heard stuff like this. You’re just racking up the karma, dude. Because, if you’re very lucky, you’ll survive to be as old as me and this will happen to you.

When it does, please try to remember to get a Ouija board so I can laugh mockingly at you for a change.

No comments: