Sunday, April 19, 2009

Hot (Fudge?) Sunday

Hey there, how’re you doing? How’s life treating you? Working hard, or hardly working? Oh, right. It’s Sunday, and a warm one at that.

I’ve been reading “The Nation” (Max saves it for me, thank you Max!) and thus feel obligated to say something worthy. The problem is, I’ve always avoided politics in here. Why stop now? You’ll either agree with me or I won’t change your mind anyhow.

“What about some insightful perspective into human nature?” you may ask. Please. We all know what human nature is, and what it’s good for. No, my only option is passive dry wit, which, unlike a Pirandello character, is in search of a subject.

Once upon a time, I created this blog because I wanted sanctuary. I was tired of composing narrative and wanted to speak in my own voice. I never expected to be heard, mere expression was sufficient catharsis. But I wrote stuff, and you read it and you’re still reading it (ha! gotcha) and now I don’t want to disappoint or worse--- bore you.

Maybe it’s time to go back to narrative, at least for today. Fictional characters don't get bored unless I want them to. At least mine don't.

No comments: