Thursday, July 30, 2009

Control-A, Delete

You’re welcome. I just deleted a rather whiny post out of respect for you and your sensibilities. With my catharsis completed invisibly, let’s move forward.

What would your catharsis be? What mental boils need lancing? To redecorate the metaphor, what sugarplums dance in your head?

Many times I’ve sat in this chair wondering what was going to be the topic de la nuit. (Can’t say “du jour” if it’s dark out.) I approach a potential post topic the way I would a movie concept. First, last and always-- remember who will be reading it.

Did you hear that? Sometimes it sounds like smashing dishes; sometimes it’s an old radio sound-effect horn. You see, I have no clue who will be reading this. Some of you I know well, some I know a little, some I’ve never met. So “know your audience” is out as a starting point, though I always begin there and bomb.

Okay, the gauntlet is down. I’ve just tweeted for a topic. I might get something, I might get nothing. This could get scary, and not in a delicious scarycookie way.

No comments: