Saturday, September 12, 2009

Shangri Las Vegas

Once upon a time, Las Vegas was sanctuary. We saw no one we knew. There was neither obligation nor responsibility. No matter how scant our budget, we ate both well and often.

After nearly a decade, that’s almost all still true. Knock on wood, I’m gearing up for satiety and bliss. We leave on Sunday. (Jonah is already preparing to take control of his country estate.)

The difference is that now we have lives in Vegas. We have people we see and people we avoid. More significantly, people know us. There goes my precious anonymity. The exponentially increasing familiarity makes it difficult to feel like a tourist but I’m sure we’ll manage somehow.

I’ll let you know in about a week. Behave yourselves, my darlings. Stories later.

1 comment:

Cheri Sicard said...

Have a wonderful time. I am envious as I am long over due for a Las Vegas getaway. I completely relate to your post. But it's s spread out, it's still easy to stay anonymous if you really want to.

Now on to the important details. Where are you going to eat?