Friday, May 25, 2012

The Facebook Fallacy

You should be grateful. I was up to my ankles in a rant about a rude woman in the Ladies’ Room when I was summoned to Facebook.

“But Auntie,” you say with touching concern, “You hate Facebook.”

I know, sweetie, but this was for a noble cause. In fact, it was for the best of causes. It was for a picture of a cute little doggy, and ultimately worth it.

Besides, it gave me something new to rant about and saved you from yet another saga of the Ladies’ Room.

(For those of you just tuning in, there is ALWAYS drama in the Ladies’ Room. Trust Auntie.)

Here’s my new beef about Facebook: The same three people are still going on about the same three things that they were going on about when I stopped looking at Facebook over a year ago.

Don’t be snide. I have more than three Facebook friends. I even know most of them. Ba-dum bum. That was a joke. It’s true, though.

I’m sure there is some serious news going by. Congratulatory or commiserative events must have happened to someone I know. There’s just no way to see it unless I check the stream constantly. You know, like everyone else on the planet does.

That’s not going to happen. I can’t do it. I haven’t got that kind of time. Besides, it takes me that long to keep up on Twitter.

No comments: