Wednesday, October 23, 2013

A Brand New Ask Auntie (!)

Woohoo! We’re live, folks. Auntie got a new letter:

Dear Aunt Scarycookies,

My best friend is a bitch. That sounds really bad, but I figured out that it’s true because she always does really bitchy things when we go out and I get so mad at her and at me because I don’t do anthing (sic) to stop it from happening. I don’t have a lot of friends but it seems like I ought to break up with her or something.

What do I do the next time she yells at the waiter for not doing something she never asked him for? Does it matter that she only does this to the hot guys or ugly girls?

Wondering Wallflower

Dear Wondering,

You do have a problem here, sweetie, and Auntie sympathizes. Nobody likes to sit and cringe while their dining companion goes all WWE on the server.

Realistically, you’re not going to be able to reason with anybody who makes a habit of yelling whenever she’s dissatisfied.

Personally, I’d grab my phone and start Vine-ing the next time she goes gaga, with a cute caption, like “Patsy’s waiter is having a bad day haha!”

But you said she’s your best friend, and that ought to mean something.

Try meeting her for coffee instead of a meal. I spend enough time in Starbucks to know that however bad she is, baristas have seen worse.

Besides, once you both have your beverages and snacks, you’ll be on your own. Let’s just hope that without another target, she doesn’t start to yell at you. If she does, then yes, it’s break-up time and you have Auntie’s condolences for your loss.

Who knows? You might even meet a new friend while you’re in Starbucks.


Send your questions to AuntScarycookies@aol.com and for other restaurant-related Ask Auntie letters see the following:

http://scarycookies.blogspot.com/2012/02/restaurant-wars.html

No comments: