Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Jung & The Restless

The important thing is that Jonah was fine.

See, I’d already battled the demon horde in the Ralph’s (known on the east coast as Kroger’s) parking lot, rescued my dog and substituted a Vietnamese pot-bellied pig for the sacrifice that presaged the End of All Existence.

Before you pot-bellied pig supporters get all up in my face, you should know that this was a dream I had last night.

Yeah, the demon horde in the supermarket parking lot was a bit of a giveaway, but I just got back from the actual Ralph’s, and my subconscious wasn’t too far off, so I figured I ought to spell it out.

D.r.e.a.m. Haha! I cracked myself up again.

Wait! Don’t go. That’s not the weird part or the funny part. The weird part is what makes this a story.

So in the dream I was up til sunrise battling the forces of evil and suddenly I was home, looking out my open front door. (Jonah was asleep on the couch. Being rescued is apparently as tiring as barking at the mailcarrier.)

A man in a gorilla costume but without the gorilla head was walking down the sidewalk leading two cows on a rope. That’s still not the weird part.

The weird part is that he was also playing the banjo and it sounded ethereally beautiful.

In my dream, a banjo sounded not just beautiful, but ethereally beautiful.

I told you it was weird.

It went on, but nothing hit that level of strangeness so I’ll spare you the rest.

Wait! I promised you a funny part, so I will tell you one more bit. After I shouted “Good morning!” at the cow-leading gorilla-suit wearing banjo player, he looked at me like I was the crazy one.

Hahaha!

It’s a good thing I don’t believe in dream interpretation or I’d grab a Ouija board and call C.G. Jung.

No comments: