Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Fragments

Ideas come out of nowhere. Inspiration doesn’t, that generally has a catalyst of some sort, but ideas spring up spontaneously.

The problem, of course, is that wit requires inspiration which requires a catalyst. So I am left with fragments of possible posts, each of which began with an idea but never grew into actual wit. As my friend Cliff would say, it’s half-witty. And while I am comfortable with mediocrity, I refuse to be a half-wit.

So when it was pointed out to me today that I haven’t posted since Sunday, I took a look at those bits and pieces, verbal seedlings that need mental fertilizer to grow into something useful or at least entertaining. For once I find myself insufficiently full of shit, so this is all you get. Don’t worry, I’m sure it’s only temporary.

1 comment:

jan said...

clearly the lack of inspiration is in direct, albeit inverse, proportion to the diminution of the dog supply. simply supply side economics, eh? but seriously, can't believe how prolific and consistent you've been with this. but then, discipline is one of your things, so i shouldn't be surprised.