Thursday, December 18, 2008

Meanwhile

Back at the ranch, the world has been turning. Baby boomers are setting up to take over the government (see today’s LA Times front page, you can read the article, I didn’t), it snowed in Barstow, and the groundhog saw his shadow. Strike that last bit. Never mind, we’re probably in for at least six more weeks of winter anyhow.

So, how are things? I hope your holiday preparations are progressing nicely. I should be making the scarycookie dough right now, but I’m not. I’m sitting here talking to you instead.

It was enough that I made an honest effort to shop for presents. Without success, but it’s the thought that counts, right? And my thought is that if a store wants my business, they should provide a clerk to make the transaction instead of talking on a cell phone to a buddy. Moreover, I wasn’t the only customer who left disgruntled. Bah humbug.

1 comment:

jan said...

they have great clerks online though.