Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Greenery

People just don’t use the word “pizzazz” enough. It’s true. When was the last time you heard it? Obviously you’re about to hear it here, but let me tell you why--- I saw Paul Green perform at the Magic Castle last night.

PIZZAZZ!

What a genuinely nice man he is, in a way no one seems to be anymore. Not merely a mentsch in a snazzy tux, Paul is a seasoned performer. I can see (and have seen) his act innumerably and still enjoy it every time.

Where many magicians have ego, Paul has the confidence of being secure in his skills. Where many disrespect their spectator-participants, Paul welcomes them into his act. I honestly can’t imagine a sensible person not liking his show, which isn’t something you’ve ever heard me say, and not just for the double negative. Or is that a triple now? Never mind, you get my point.

Let’s put it this way: After seeing him again last night, I’m actually going to dig out the recipe he gave me years ago for double frosted Kahlua brownies. I may even give you one.

2 comments:

Morgue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Morgue said...

I think Pia Zadora ruined that word for me forever.

I mean, Santa Claus Conquers the Martians was great and all that, but she really didn't live up to that early promise.

Edit: Preview is your friend.