Saturday, September 11, 2010

Be Right Back

Yesterday, after I was done making endless lists and finishing up what needed finishing, an email came in notifying me that our hotel overbooked and when we go on vacation tomorrow, we’re staying somewhere else. Granted, it’s a more prestigious and fashionable place, but it’s not the same. Pout.

You know me, I find things out. So I phoned around. Turns out, a former President of the United States suddenly needs hundreds of rooms in my favorite hotel. I couldn’t find out why. I hope, trust and assume it’s for a very good reason pertaining -- at the very least -- to world peace. It’s not often one can contribute to world peace. They can have the room.

This is good for you though, because it means in a few days I will have new stories about new places and new food.

Behave yourselves in the meanwhile, my darlings. Auntie will be home soon to look after you.

No comments: