Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Under Control

Hi, my name is Carole, and I’m a control freak.

Oh stop. I know this isn’t news to most of you, but that’s no reason to be sarcastic. Some of the readers haven’t met me and may not have known, though I’ve never tried to hide it.

Yes, I am a control freak but a lot of that is fallout from my sense of responsibility. Responsibility is about decisions. Control is about choices. There is a difference.

“Are you hungry?” is a decision, Mexican or sushi is a choice. Going out with a new person who might be That Special Someone is a decision, what you do at the end of the date is your choice. Answering the phone is a choice, having the foresight to check caller i.d. is a decision. You get the idea.

Everything you just read has been sitting in my drafts folder for months, waiting for a zippy little finish. I gave up. That’s a decision.

The choice to read it was up to you, and is beyond my control.

No comments: