Friday, June 15, 2012

Yes, I Do Mean You

Pay attention to this, copy and paste it somewhere if you have to: Whatever you did today was enough.

Look, there’s always going to be more that needs doing. You can’t help that. But you have to stop sometime. You did what you could do. If you could have done more, you would have. That’s what tomorrow is for, and the day after.

Of course you'd have liked to get further than you did. That’s understandable. You just underestimated how difficult what you already achieved was. Give yourself credit for getting where you are right now.

You have to sleep, and eat, even if it’s junk food and four hours of nightmares. Obviously Auntie would prefer you ate a nourishing meal and slept a solid eight, but let’s be realistic.

There’s too much on your plate, and I don’t mean that literally. I wish you had a full plate of food. Food is love. I’d feed you if I could.

You’ve obviously taken a well-deserved break, otherwise you wouldn’t be reading this right now. Have a virtual hug and round of applause, and remember, this too shall pass. Someday you’ll be on the other side.

When you are, tell me and we can have cookies.

No comments: