Saturday, July 28, 2012

Lazy Daisies

Laziness is both undervalued and misunderstood. No, it's not. I don't know why I wrote that. Laziness is self-serving and pervasive but most of us understand it perfectly well.

Ironically, it often takes a lot of effort to get away with laziness. Damn. I’m supposed to have given up irony. Ignore previous.

Despite our putative work ethic as a society, the greatest rewards often go to those who only sit and wait. Of course, in Real Life just like in the movies, it’s only effective when you don’t do it on purpose.

Laziness is bad bad bad, do you hear me? Laziness is bad. Get up and do something this minute.

Oops. Sorry. I was just typing to myself there. It’s kind of like being caught talking out loud on the sidewalk when you don’t have a Bluetooth.

I’m going to kick myself in the ass right now. Metaphorically, of course. I lack the energy to attempt it for real. No, I mean it. I am now going to do something more productive than embracing my inner sloth. Right this minute. I may not finish this sentence, even. I’m alert and enthusiastic and about to take over the world!

Who am I kidding?

I’m too lazy. You can if you want to.

No comments: