Thursday, July 12, 2012

I Dream Of Meanies

What do you dream about? I don’t mean some kind of transcendent metaphysical Life Goal, simply the mental jambalaya your subconscious threw up last night. Are you dreaming more lately? I bet you are, and I bet it’s because of the weather.

Blaming the weather is useful. It’s an easy way to pass the responsibility buck, and half the time it’s true anyhow. We’re so civilized and so industrialized that we don’t realize how much weather affects us. It really does.

Yes, I’m rationalizing, but not by that much. When the air is thick and hot it’s the stuff of nightmares. For once I mean that literally, there is some kind of link. No one I’ve talked to is sleeping well. Don’t be surprised if you’re not, either.

Me, I’ve got a sort of unconscious reception line going, made up of dead people I used to know when they weren’t dead, in situations that would freak out Duchamp.

It’s starting to rain a little bit. Maybe the weather really has broken. Perchance I can stop dreaming.

No comments: