Wednesday, April 4, 2012

A Void Dance

Here’s where I justify that title, purely because I liked the sound of it: We all dance in a void, sometimes but not necessarily of our own making.

I am SO deep.

Sarcasm aside, it’s true. Think about all that hard work you do. Does anyone react to it? Probably not, and if they do, their feedback isn’t commensurate with your effort. You’re lucky if they notice you. Then again, maybe you’re luckier if they ignore you.

Technology doesn’t ignore us. Between security and social media, the options for observation are nearly infinite -- unless you’re a blogger. That moment has passed. Blogs are the Crocs™ of the Internet. You have better things to do than read this.

Having a blog is a rare moment of online privacy.

I’ve always said that a blog is just ranting into the void. With this post, I’m changing the image to a dance. My words now waltz to the implied beat of blah, blah, blah instead of one-two-three. My metaphors have more freedom than a hippie at Woodstock.

You do some things just because they’re fun, or they matter to you, or it seems important that someone does them. I’m not sure which category a blog fits into, probably none of the above. But after three and a half years and 364 posts, I’ve come too far to stop now. I needed to remind myself of that, as I dance clumsily into the void.

No comments: