Thursday, July 11, 2013

Dinosaur Daze


True story:

After reading (ok, ok, skimming) three newspapers this morning…

I wrote a letter with a pen (Ballpoint! On paper!) Which then went into an envelope! Stamped with a newfangled (sic) adhesive postage stamp!…

Then I hopped onto AOL (yes, really, AOL!) to tweet.

Apparently the rumors are true; there is an exodus of cool kids from Twitter. A friend of a friend is shutting hers down. She is what would have been called “totally cool” back in my day, so Q.E.D.

It’s only fair, I suppose. There is balance in the universe, and my gym has been overrun with irritating ersatz coolness. I guess it had to go somewhere.

Well, this dinosaur isn’t gonna budge. (See above about AOL for proof.) Do your cool-hunting elsewhere. Oh, wait, nobody says that anymore either. Feh.

I will tweet into my dotage, probably about the crazy assholes at the same gym. Let’s face it, they say nobody reads blogs anymore, and you’re reading this. (Thank you, you darling young person! Hug!)

And now I have to take my letter to a real honest-to-god (IRL) mailbox.

Back in a jiffy, probably before you can Google “jiffy”. Hint: Like me, it’s practically been around since the Mesozoic.

No comments: