Wednesday, November 1, 2017

No Mo No No

Well, my darlings, it's November again. That means another National Novel Writing Month (Nanowrimo) is upon us.

Auntie isn't doing it. Nope, non, no way. It was enough to search this blog for previous mentions of my past attempts and slog through the verbal sludge.

(Okay, one of them was pretty entertaining, but for the most part it was a lot of "I'm doing this now!" followed by "I'm not doing this anymore!")

The last one was four years ago. Granted, I've spent most of the subsequent time on Quora rather than writing this blog, but I'm as vain as the next person so that makes sense. No one reads blogs and I get twice as many views on Quora in a week as this blog has gotten in nine years, if I do say so myself.

Be that as it may.

Enough people close to me have committed to giving Nanowrimo its annual go that I want to do something to show solidarity. Auntie had a corker of an idea.

My commitment for this November, the November of 2017, is to post something on this blog every day. It may not be much. Hell, I may just flip the pages of my big paper dictionary and type out a random definition, but I promise to try to put something on here.

On my mark, I'm set, let's do it --

Thus endeth the first post.

No comments: