Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Doggy Lemonade

Did you know that you can freeze pie crust dough for up to a month? It's true, which is why I made the pie crust dough for Thanksgiving on Monday.

I did a double batch, half went into the freezer and I planned to make a quiche with the other half. There's a recipe I saved from an old magazine because I wanted to eat it.

(This is actually rare. Auntie usually saves recipes she wants to feed to other people. Personal consumption isn't a consideration.)

So in between the morning and lunchtime, I blind-baked the crust. I was going to make the quiche in between things this afternoon.

Then I reread the recipe.

Or at least, I reread the part I'd saved.

It looked quite tasty and was pretty simple, right up to where it said "Continued on page 124".

So here's your second helpful hint: Torn up pie crust makes for an excellent doggy treat. I tore up half of the partially-baked shell into treat sized bits and finished baking them for when the Prince of Bassets is here next week.

When life gives you lemons, make dog treats.



No comments: