Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Two Birds, One Irony

Today's post is a bit of irony.

Someone asked me on Quora (yes, yes, I know, more Quora):

What was the most agonizing way some bad news was delivered to you?


I wrote this:

I once got an email from a friend blasting me for not telling her that my aunt had died two months earlier. There was a link to the obituary. Obviously, no one had told me. It wasn’t “agonizing”, but it wasn’t nice.

To be fair, I only spoke to this aunt a few times a year, but we did speak. If I had known she was ill, I would have traveled to see her.

I sent sympathy notes to her adult children (who are at least ten years older than I am) explaining that I just heard the news and offering my condolences. I got one note back thanking me. That was it.

Oddly enough, I was more insulted that my friend didn’t believe me when I said I didn’t know, than I was not to have been told in the first place. Then again, I know what my cousins are like.


The thing is, I'm not going to post it there. Too many people will see it.

(Which is a continuation of my thoughts from two days ago)

Instead, I'm putting it up here, where I talk about personal stuff and no one will see it. It's still online, though, which is ironic.

And I'm getting my posts-a-day done.

Two birds.

Ba ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

No comments: